Garden Homes – Pros
- A garden home can be less expensive than a single family home
- Not as crowded (dense) as townhomes or condominiums
- No neighbors above or below
- Often only one shared wall
- A garden home affords an easy lifestyle – HOA often covers roof replacement, exterior maintenance, landscape maintenance, common area maintenance, and other expenses
- Ideal for “lock and leave” vacation homes
- Mostly no stairs and low maintenance make garden homes popular with seniors
- Commonly includes amenities such as a community pool, greenbeltsl and gated neighborhoods for safety.
Garden Homes – Cons
- Noise from neighbors through the shared wall or walls
- Homeowners’ association fees and politics, and CC&R restrictions
- Less common than townhouses or condominiums, so the selection of garden homes may be small
- Not much yard, just a patio overlooking a common area.